Join Our Team!
Who We Are
The Felt Store is Canada’s one stop shop for felt materials and products online. Drawing from 50 years of manufacturing experience we service a growing online community of crafters, designers and industrial markets. This is a rare opportunity to join a small (but growing) eCommerce team within a larger group of family-owned manufacturing companies. We are a diverse group with a focus on sustainable growth, authenticity, and inspiring creativity for an ancient textile in the modern world.
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for an enthusiastic intern that has a deep love of working with textiles! The ideal candidate has a desire to learn how to harness creativity with business strategy. It’s important that this individual has good verbal and written communication skills. The candidate will be expected to interact in a small team environment as well as work independently.
- Collaborating with our marketing team to develop and execute marketing content
- This will range from testing out felt and wool types to creating seasonal crafts made out of felt
- Writing social copy, instructional blogs, and DIY tutorials to accompany content
- Documenting the process via written, photo and video
- Market research on crafting trends
*Please note, Due to COVID-19 this will be a remote internship with occasional visits to our head office to pick up supplies and equipment. Meetings will be conducted virtually. This can be subject to change depending Ontario health policies.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university or college program to receive credit
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Intermediate to advanced sewing skills (having your own sewing machine is an asset)
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Proficiency in the below are an asset:
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
- Photography & Video
While the internship is unpaid, interns receive a per diem to help cover the cost of transportation and meals.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for an internship with The Felt Store, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “The Felt Store Internship” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now