Summer Internship Program
Join Our Team!
Who We Are
The Felt Store is Canada’s one stop shop for felt materials and products online. Drawing from over 50 years of manufacturing experience, we service a growing online community of crafters, designers and industrial markets. This is a rare opportunity to join a small (but growing) eCommerce team within a larger group of family-owned manufacturing companies. We are a diverse group with a focus on sustainable growth, authenticity, and inspiring creativity for an ancient textile in the modern world.
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for an enthusiastic intern that has a deep love of crafting with textiles! The ideal candidate has a desire to learn how to harness creativity with business strategy. It’s important that this individual has excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate will be expected to interact in a small team environment as well as work independently on tasks given.
- The Felt Store's Summer Internship Program, tends to run from June to September.
- There is room for some flexibility on these dates depending on the student’s schedule.
- Minimum 2 days /week (16h /week), with a maximum of 5 days /week (40h /week).
- The internship will take place in-person, at our Mississauga office location.
Note: Work schedule may be subject to change to a remote internship if COVID-19 provincial health guidelines recommend it.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Collaborating with our marketing team to develop and execute marketing content
- This will range from testing out felt and wool types, to creating seasonal crafts made out of our materials.
- Co-creating content for social media and for our blog, including DIY tutorials and educational content.
- Documenting your process via written, photo and/or video format.
- Conduct research on crafting trends/competitive intelligence and report back to Marketing Team.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Enrolled in an accredited University or College program to receive credit.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Intermediate to advanced sewing skills (having your own sewing machine is an asset).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Experience organizing workload and priorities, and completing tasks on time.
- Familiarity and knowledge in the below are an asset:
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube).
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro).
- Photography & Video.
While the internship is unpaid, successfully completed internships will receive a small honorarium at the end of their term.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for The Felt Store's Summer Internship Program, please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com and include “The Felt Store Summer Internship Application” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now